Olympic Cool-Cap® System
Changing the standard of care in the NICU for neonates with HIE
The only FDA approved device for the treatment of hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy (HIE) in term infants, the Olympic Cool-Cap System is a unique and complete system utilizing a special cooling cap to provide selective brain cooling while maintaining core temperature at safe levels through the use of a radiant warmer.
Administered to newborns within the first six hours of life, treatment with the Olympic Cool-Cap System can prevent or significantly reduce the severity of neurologic injury associated with HIE.
- Provides neuroprotection while minimizing the side-effects due to hypothermia
- Allows neonatal brain cooling while maintaining patient's core temperature at safe levels
- Results in meaningful improvements in neurodevelopmental outcome and survival rates at 18 months of age
- Improved outcome for babies with early intervention
Better treatment through better diagnosis
- The Olympic CFM 6000 cerebral function monitor helps assess the extent of HIE to determine if cooling is indicated
- When used in conjunction with the Cool-Cap System, the CFM 6000 monitor provides greater confidence in managing & treating babies in the first few hours of life
Proven safe & effective
In a randomized-controlled, multi-center, international clinical trial, the Olympic Cool-Cap system was shown to reduce or prevent neurological damage associated with HIE in some infants1
1References available upon request.
- Easy-to-use touch screen design
- Built-in protocols with wizard instructions help guide the user through treatment
- Solid-state water cooler with precise temperature control
- Very reliable and quiet
- Simple, fast, safe and clean filling & draining
- Temperature displays: cooling cap, neonatal rectal, scalp, skin & optional sensors
Simple Operation with Sophisticated Results
- Wizards & Prompts - simply follow the built-in protocol to administer treatment
- Initiate Treatment Quickly - enter only weight & gestational age to start cooling
- Lower Neonate's Temperature - ensures safety with continuous temperature displays & trend data, while alarms assure a safe cooling technique
- During cooling, enter real-time clinical notes directly on screen for review
- Maintains brain cooling for 72 hours while maintaining core temperature of 34-35° C
- Rewarm the infant - monitored & controlled rewarming for 4 hours
- Simply drain water into bag for disposal - no internal cleaning of unit required
Cool-Cap® is a registered trademark of Tiara Medical Systems, Inc.